I’m particularly lazy tonight, so I’ll sum up my year in convenient bullet points:
- Marocharim.com was launched in December 2007, which means that at least for one year, I’m off free blogging services and I have the privilege of having my own website. This is all thanks to PinoyBlogosphere.com and Wika2007, where I won the Participants’ Choice Award.
- My thesis, “The Articulation of the Self in Virtual Environments,” was finished in eight months and ended up as a 366-page tome. Needless to say, I am very proud of it: the feeling that I have made a new theoretical framework has sunk in, and then there’s the feeling that I made an ass out of myself in that thesis.
- After 11 years in campus journalism, I finally called it quits: after all, I’m a bastard journalist. I am now thinking about moving into things that really interest me: comic books and graphic novels.
- I promised myself a girlfriend as a New Year’s resolution. As the year ends, I still don’t have one. That’s unless some fluke romance happens within the next 28 hours.
- I’ve learned a lot this year and I hope to learn even more about life in 2008.
Here’s to the convenience of bullet points, and a Happy New Year to all of you!